- The Thames Baths will be a floating, natural lido on the River Thames.
- It will be filled with filtered, clean Thames water. The bespoke filtration system will ensure that the water is crystal clear.
- There will be two swimming pools, a 25m lap pool and a training pool.
- It will be warmed all year round.
- It aims to be a cultural destination with home for wildlife, a locally supplied cafe and even cine+swim nights run by popular cinema groups.
The Thames Baths Project
On the 19th May 2015, 26 days into a 30 day Kickstarter campaign, a new outdoor swimming initiative in London reached its £125,000 crowd-funded target. The final Kickstarter total was over an amazing £142,000. The project in question was the Thames Baths Lido. Here's the key info to know;