If you aren’t close to the beach or are looking for something a bit different to do this Summer then look no further! Here we have, what we think are, the top 5 water parks in the UK - that have something for all the family.
5. At number five we have the Blue Lagoon water park in Pembrokeshire. This is a fantastic indoor waterpark that is open all year round with tropical tempratures so no matter what the weather, it's a great choice. You'll find a Lazy River, Waves, Indoor and Outdoor Hot tubs, a cove for little ones to explore and lots of refreshments available.
4. Fourth is Waterworld in Stoke on Trent. This water park features a 4 lane family multi slide, Twister, an assault course, the Black Hole, The Python, Rapids, an outdoor pool, the Space Bowl and much more! With so much to offer it is no wonder this indoor water park attracts over 400,000 visitors a year!
3. Splashdown water park is based in Poole and is third on our top 5 water parks in the UK. There’s something for everyone here with the ‘Screamer’ or ‘Black Thunder’ for the thrill seekers or the ‘Red River Roller’ for those who like things a little slower. The younger kids can go on the starter flumes, in Buccaneer Bay or in the shallow splash pool depending on how brave they’re feeling. Splashdown water park is open all year as half the park is indoor and half outdoor.
2. Second place goes to Sandcastle Waterpark in Blackpool. This water park is one of Blackpool’s biggest tourist attractions and features over 18 slides and attractions including wave machines, the lazy river, Duelling Dragons, Monkey Island and the Master Blaster. This water park is open nearly all year round so offers months of soaking wet fun!
1. Alton Towers Water Park is our number 1 water park in the UK. Here there are hundreds of interactive water features from lazy rivers to bubbly pools to tree houses to water roller coasters! There are loads of snack bars and restaurants to keep your busy family full and if you want to make a weekend of it there’s a hotel onsite that have themes such as the Splash Landings Hotel that makes you feel like you’re in the Caribbean and overlooks the water park! We voted this water park number one in the UK!